Monday, October 12, 2009

Beautiful Iris, and other stories


I've departed a wee bit here from my usual focus on doll making. Art & Soul was such an infusion of creative energy... and I had a fantastic time making my very first Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) for an official ATC swap there. I challenged myself to this new mini-format and made some collaged ATCs that didn't turn out half bad. More on those later...

The process was so much fun, and the result so inspiring, that I decided to make a collage for my granddaughter, Iris, for her 10th birthday. This was the first larger collage that I've designed and finished as an art piece, and I'm really happy with it. I used the following: Tissue paper, water color paper, watercolor and acrylic paint, paper and miscellaneous ephemera and gel medium. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

And here are some of the ATCs that I made for the Art & Soul swap... which were traded away.



I now have a small collection of other unique ATCs made by other Art & Soulers, and have been e-mailing back and forth with a few of them. A great experience... and probably stretched my creativity more than the doll making classes!

2 comments:

Deirdra Doan said...

Hi Patti,
Thank you for your comment. I plan to submit my class of doll's to Art and Soul. It is so much fun to make dolls. I see you really love them too. You can use everything we learn at Art&Soul on dolls!

I like your ATC's.

Deirdra

Unknown said...

Oh, good! I will let Glenny know that I especially want her to add your doll class! :)