Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Butterfly Girls


Once upon a time, there were two sweet sisters... who took my heart long ago and inspire me daily. Christmas just wouldn't be right without new dolls for each of my granddaughters... so Happy Christmas to my darling girls, Iris and Stella!


These 13" butterfly dolls were made from a pattern designed by my favorite prim diva, Donna Veal of Mooonchilds Primitives. They are sewn and stuffed muslin, painted with thinned acrylics and stained with a coffee/cocoa stain, with wired cutter-quilt wings and skirts. The petticoats are cut from a vintage curtain.

Stella with her Flutterbye on Christmas Day. :)

1 comment:

Pearl Maple said...

You have some fabulous creations posted in your blog space. Followed your link off of Tattered Angels and ever so glad we visited today. Happy New Year to you and your family.