Friday, October 15, 2010

News Flash: Hot Flash, the book!




Pamela Hastings has just released her latest book, and I am am absolutely thrilled and so honored that she asked me to be a contributor. My copy just arrived in my mailbox today and I was so jazzed, I had to take it over to a friend's house before I could even open the package. Had to share the joy.. and make it real!

Pamela has included (on pages 60 through 65) two of my collages, my Mad Hatter doll, one painting, and two of my art journal pages... along with quite a lot of my own writing, in sort of a "profile" piece. It actually includes some really personal thoughts about my own particular life and about moving through this "change of life" thing into my cronehood.


But, I'm in good company! I recognize the names of several of the other women artists in the book, and am pinching myself that I'm being included alongside them. Yes... yes... ME!!

I know these photos aren't terrific quality...you may not be able to read the text much, but I just had to share my pages. So fun to see that since Pamela included the collage I made for my granddaughter, Iris, her lovely face is smiling at me from the book, too!


I'm not sure where or when the book will be available for sale. I don't see it up yet on Pamela's website, but I'm sure that will happen soon.

What a great year this has been for me, so far. Can't wait to see what's next!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed and so happy for your success in this publication and so anxious to get my hands on it to read it all. It didn't slip past me in your Un journal page--that darling little girl looking out through a tunnel. (Actually, a large cement drainage pipe that was part of the play ground equpiment in a park near where we lived in California.) Seems only yesterday...

Anonymous said...

Hot flash looks GREAT! Can't wait to purchase! Patti I am SO very happy about this! I knew you when!!! Always knew you were special and talented. Hurrah for the recognition so deserved.

Maggie

Mrs Pretzel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a cool thing!! LOVE your pages.

Pam McKnight said...

yes, congratulations! I haven't been to your blog in a while so it is nice pursuing what you have been up to!