Saturday, August 10, 2013

Button Love

I have a mad screaming passion for vintage buttons. I look for them wherever I go. Had my eyeballs peeled at the Plucky Maidens Junk Fest on Thursday, but didn't really see any. Maybe they've had their heyday and I'm just behind the curve? If so, too bad... because I adore them.

I especially love to wrap them around my wrists... simply crocheted on C-Lon cord. Here's my most recent creation... a dainty little bracelet, all in white.
 Each button is different, some shell, some glass. The closure is a loop over a white shoe button.

A few that I chose for this piece are especially worn and aged, a little grimy even. One glass button was actually unearthed in my backyard, and I left some of the dirt in the pattern crevices on purpose.
This little strand was a birthday gift for my daughter-in-law, Nicole, and it looked just perfect on... but I forgot to photograph her adorned wrist before she left today!

No comments: