Friday, December 10, 2010

Bazaars R Us

It's that time of year. Long tables end-to-end, covered with black cloth and wares of all kinds spread out for viewing, ooohing and aahing. Last weekend was the annual "Hometown Christmas" event in my small community, which for me involved sharing a table again with my good friend, watercolor artist Carolyn Sawyer. If neither of us sold a darned thing, we'd consider it a day well spent... as we've spent it together.

This was a one-day bazaar, December 4th, and was not quite as successful for me as Birdfest. I brought some of the same bamboo bird pendants I did for that event... and some new pendants that featured my own collage artwork. They're definitely unique... not for everyone... although I was sometimes surprised at how well received they were by people I would never have guessed would give them a second look!




I also had some bead crocheted necklaces this time. The bead and button strands drew the most interest and sales. Thanks indeed to that creative young lady in Stockholm that I borrowed inspiration and ideas from in making these fun pieces! (You know who you are!)












The pendant on the left (below) features a print of a collage I made a year ago for my sister's daughter (photo used for the face is from an ArtChix collage sheet). My original OOAK collage pendant on the right was purchased by the lovely Jenine.








Carolyn's phenomenal paintings in greeting card form... they were wildly popular this year!



It was great to see some old friends... and to make new ones. I bartered a pendant for a lovely little bag of old buttons, and another for a one of Carolyn's prints... her new "Spirit of Christmas", a snowman and a magical fairy gifting him with some sparkling fairy ju-ju!

No comments: