Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Treasures: Upcycled Hearts
















 
For my own sweethearts, my two darling granddaughters... I invented these little upcycled love bundles. Each got an altered Altoid tin with treasures inside. These are painted and collaged with bits of vintage paper, then distressed and aged. The text on the big hearts is clipped from vintage sheet music lyrics.

















































































Inside each tin... waxed paper stitched around heart-shaped pieces of a vintage sheet music love song... their names stamped on & rusty vintage keys tied on with pink satin ribbon.
















Then, some wearable art... funky-chunky Valentine charm necklaces.

Little bits of this and that, salvaged from my boxes of buttons, beads and ephemera... wire-wrapped as charms, hanging on a glittery vintage plastic curtain ring.
























Last, but not least... the sweetest Valentine treasures of them all... 
















The very thought of them makes my heart smile!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a thoughtful and creative Grandma! That was a great idea to use the candy tins. Such lucky girls!

Unknown said...

Soon, I'll be making things for the Little Man. This year, I just sent him a card.:)

Deb H said...

What special Valentine gifts!

Pam McKnight said...

I would have LOVED to have received these from my grandma! They are wonderful!