Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lucky, lucky me!


Ever hear people say, "Oh, I never win anything"? Have you said it yourself? Have I been one of those people? Well, maybe a time or two... but no more! I joined a fun blog-hop last week... organized by the delicious Ricë Freeman-Zachery, whom I had the pleasure of meeting in Portland at Art & Soul just recently, to celebrate the release of her newest book, Destination Creativity: The Life-Altering Journey of the Art Retreat.

Ricë had gathered up an armload of talented art blogger friends and asked them to spread the joy by participating in a nine day book tour "blog hop". On each blogger's appointed day, they posted their own review of this amazing new book and offered a chance for readers to win a great giveaway. We "hoppers" virtually visited a blog each day, having much fun along the way... then entered that day's drawing by leaving a comment. The prize? An autographed copy of Destination Creativity! With such irresistible enticement, I gladly hopped along and entered at most of the nine blogs... some of which were delightfully new to me, now bookmarked and subscribed to for future soul-feeding.

Well, Jupiter aligned with Mars or something like that and I had a fantastic surprise in my inbox yesterday... a congratulatory e-mail from Day 8's participant, the very artful Jen Cushman, letting me know that I had won the draw! How sweet it feels to be a winner. I really can't wait to cuddle up on the couch with Ricë's book when it arrives, dreaming of next year's Art & Soul... or maybe even an art retreat destination that's a bit farther-flung than my Portland back yard. Thank you, lucky stars. (And thank you Ricë and Jen!)

5 comments:

Wanda said...

Iam with you on the I never win anything, But you came out a real winner congrats. How is your tea box coming along? TTFN

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting, Wanda. The teabox is coming together. I'm taking pix of the process.:) I just discovered you live very near me. I'm across the river in Ridgefield, Washington, just north of Vancouver.:)

Kathy McElroy said...

That is very cool. Lucky you. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Tea Doodle said...

Congrats! Looks like a great book. I'm looking forward to our tea box swap.

Pam McKnight said...

congrats on your winning! Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!